Parks & Recreation
THE STATE FUNDED ATV TRAIL SYSTEM IN VILAS COUNTY REMAINS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. VILAS COUNTY'S POLICY IS TO HAVE THEM OPEN THE WEEK PRIOR TO MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND (CONDITIONS PERMITTING). THIS WILL INCLUDE ALL COUNTY FOREST ROADS AND TRAILS. SOME TOWN ROADS MAY OPEN, PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK WITH LOCAL ORDINANCES.
THE VILAS COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAIL SYSTEM OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR THE SEASON FRIDAY, MARCH 13TH AT NOON.
Stay on marked trails and enjoy our system responsibly.
Click Here to Download the Map It Vilas County App
(avalible for Android and iOS devices)
- Campgrounds - Five campgrounds, including two canoe campsites
- Parks - Thirteen day use parks and beaches, seven improved fishing sites, thirteen boat landings and a shooting range
- Shooting Range - Eight backstops, five signs, one fire ring, five benches, and parking for about ten vehicles
- Trails (click on your choice of trails) - ATV, Off Highway Motorcycle (OHM), bike, equestrian, ski, snowmobile and hunter/hiking trails.
- Links - useful recreation links
Parks and Recreation Administrator Dale Mayo - Email
Administrative Assistant: Kelly Tyler - Email
Recreation Technician Donald Merten - Email
Phone: 715-479-5160 Fax: 715-479-5573
Mailing Address: 330 Court Street Eagle River, WI 54521