- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
- (This form is used for Zoning Permit Application, Demolition Permit Application, and Shoreland Alteration Permit Application)
- Vilas County Online Mapping Portal
- Wisconsin DSPS eSLA
- Wisconsin DSPS eSLA License/Credential Lookup
THE VILAS COUNTY ZONING & PLANNING DEPARTMENT WILL BE CLOSED ON
MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021
FROM 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM FOR STAFF TRAINING. DURING THIS TIME, POWTS INSPECTIONS, ONSITE INSPECTIONS, COUNTER SERVICE, AND TELEPHONE SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
- Vilas County Zoning & Planning is proposing a number of changes to the General Zoning Ordinance. A copy of the proposed changes are available at the Vilas County Zoning & Planning Department office in Eagle River, or by clicking below. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE VILAS COUNTY GENERAL ZONING ORDINANCE
- Deputy zoning administrator territories have changed. Please click here to see who is responsible for zoning projects in your town.
- Seasonal weight limits are still in effect on some Vilas County roads. Check with the local municipality for more information.
- Zoning & Planning Committee - Knapp CUP (#1-2021) Public Hearing - Town of Plum Lake (5/6/2021) Public Notice
- Zoning & Planning Committee - MW Parkside LLC Rezone (#84-266) Public Hearing - Town of Plum Lake (5/6/2021) Public Notice
- Zoning & Planning Committee - Burke Wetland Rezone (#85-267) Public Hearing - Town of Conover (5/6/2021) Public Notice
Please visit the Vilas County Zoning Office for a more in-depth listing of services.
- Conditional Use Permits
- Erosion Control & Mitigation Permits
- Investigation of Zoning Violations
- Non-Metallic Mining Permits
- POWTS Inspections
- Review & Approval of Sanitary Permits and Soil Tests
- Rezoning Petitions
- Sale of Ordinance Books
- Septic Maintenance Program
- Shoreland Alteration Projects (including grading, filling, and tree cutting)
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Subdivision and Condo Plat Approvals
- WI Fund Program
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Zoning Permits & Inspections
Frequently Used Documents
For additional documents, or more detail on Vilas County Zoning & Planning Department Programs, please see the web page for the applicable program or contact the Zoning Office at (715) 479-3620.
- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
- Wisconsin Sanitary Permit Application (SBD 6398)
- Vilas County Floodplain Land Use Permit Application
- Vilas County Zoning & Sanitary Fee Schedule
- Vilas County Setback Diagram
- Vilas County Maintenance System Search Request
- Vilas County Mitigation Agreement
- Vilas County Onsite Inspection Request
- Vilas County Sanitary Easement Form
- List of Wisconsin licensed plumbers serving Vilas County
- List of Wisconsin licensed septic pumpers and inspectors serving Vilas County
- List of Certified Soil Testers serving Vilas County
Ordinance & Code
- Vilas County General Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Floodplain Zoning Ordinance
- Vilas County Private Sewage System Ordinance
- Vilas County Subdivision Control Ordinance
- Vilas County Wireless Communications Ordinance
- Vilas County Non-Metallic Mining Reclamation Ordinance
- Vilas County Metallic Mining Ordinance
- Vilas County Recycling Ordinance
- Vilas County Ordinance No. 18 (Highway Setback Ordinance)
- Wisconsin Administrative Code SPS 381 - 385
- Wisconsin Administrative Code NR 115
- Wisconsin Administrative Code NR 811-812
Location & Hours
Permits are available at the Vilas County Courthouse or by mail.
330 Court St.
Eagle River, WI 54521
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
To reach the Zoning Office: After passing through security, proceed straight ahead down the hallway, around the corner, and down the ramp. You will not need to use any stairs. Proceed straight through the purple double doors. The Zoning Office is the first office on the right, and the Sanitary Office is the second office on the right.
Please contact us at: (715) 479-3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any general questions, comments or concerns. If you have questions regarding specific properties, please contact the Deputy Zoning Administrator for that town at the addresses below.
Seven staff members serve the Zoning and Sanitary needs of Vilas County residents. If you have questions pertaining to a property or issue in a particular town, please contact the person under whose name the town is listed.