Documents & Links:
Vilas County Social Services Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
|Vice Chairperson||Leon Kukanich|
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
- It shall have all the powers and duties granted by 46.22, Wisconsin Statutes.
- It shall select a chairperson, a secretary, and such other officers as it deems necessary.
- Pursuant to 46.22(2)(e), Wisconsin Statutes, it is responsible for the appointment of all staff in the department.
- It shall supervise the working of the department and shall be a policy making body determining the broad outlines and principles governing the administration of the functions, duties and powers assigned to the department.
- It shall consult with the director concerning the preparation of the annual budget and the annual report and the appointment of necessary personnel.
- It shall recommend to the Personnel Committee the reclassification and promotion of qualified personnel.
- It shall submit such resolutions to the County Board as are deemed necessary to administer the department's programs.
- It shall periodically review the County's emergency relief policy to insure such program is administered according to law.
- Juvenile Intake shall report to this Board for budgetary and expenditure oversight purposes, while all other supervisory and personnel responsibilities for that office shall be performed by the Circuit Court.