Documents & Links:
Vilas County Employee Safety Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY LOSS CONTROL COMMITTEE
- This committee shall be a formally constituted subcommittee of the Executive, Ethics and Insurance Committee.
- It shall be comprised of: A representative from the Maintenance Department, Highway Department, Forestry Department, Sheriffs Department, Social Services Department, Public Health Department, a county board member from the Executive, Ethics & Insurance Committee, the Corporation Counsel and the County Clerk.
- It shall coordinate efforts to improve safety and manage risk.
- It shall meet with insurance representatives to review claims and loss control efforts.
- It shall plan training activities.
- It shall make recommendations to the Executive, Ethics & Insurance Committee and/or appropriate department(s)
- The Safety Coordinator shall attend all Loss Control Committee meetings and work with the committee to establish a safer work environment.