Documents & Links:
Vilas County Law Enforcement and Emergency Management Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
|Vice Chairperson||Alden Bauman|
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- It shall oversee the Sheriff's Department, and Emergency Management and, upon recommendation of the Sheriff, prescribe departmental tours of duty, hours of work, procedures and other administrative rules and regulations of the department.
- It shall, as required by 59.54(15), Wisconsin Statutes, inspect the jail at least annually and report its findings to the County Board.
- It shall prepare an annual preliminary budget for the Sheriff's Department and Emergency Management, and submit it to the Finance and Budget Committee.
- It shall audit all department claims, expenses, and allowances before transmitting them to the Finance and Budget Committee.
- Expenditures in excess of $15,000 must be authorized by a County Board Resolution.
- It shall be in charge of hiring all Sheriffs Department personnel and Emergency Management.
- It shall be responsible for developing, adopting, and overseeing an effective program of emergency management consistent with the state plan of emergency management.
- It shall supervise the emergency management director who shall be responsible for, among other things, directing county-wide emergency management training programs and exercises, and directing and coordinating emergency management activities throughout the County during a state of emergency.
- It shall perform such duties as have been or may hereafter be provided by appropriate resolution or enactment of the County Board.