Documents & Links:
Vilas County Forestry, Recreation and Land Committee Rules and Members
Contact the County Clerks office for an official copy of the Standing Rules.
|Vice Chairperson||Bob Egan|
STANDING RULES AND COMMITTEE DUTIES
THE VILAS COUNTY FORESTRY, RECREATION AND LAND COMMITTEE
- It shall be responsible for the overall management, protection and administration of all county lands. This will be done in accord Chapters 16 & 19 of the County General Code and Chapters 26, 27, 28, 29 and 59 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
- It shall have appraisals made of all lands to be sold or purchased or exchanged for fair market value and bring its recommendations to the County Board for approval.
- It shall advertise all lands approved for sale, accept and open all bids, and prepare the necessary documents to complete the sales.
- It shall negotiate for the acquisition of lands within County Forest and Recreation areas by purchase, gift or bequest or by exchange of County owned lands outside such areas for the purpose of blocking the forest, for better administration, or for recreational purposes.
- It shall have a County Forest Administrator and other staff as may be approved by the County Board to inventory and manage all timber on all County lands in the concept of multiple use to assure maximum public benefit.
- It shall be authorized to protect, manage and sell timber in accord with sound forest management practices pursuant to the laws and regulations set forth in Chapter 16 of the County General Code and Chapter 28 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
- It shall develop a comprehensive plan and shall prepare annual work plans and budgets for the operation of the County Forest and Forestry Department activities.
- It shall advise and consult with the Department of Natural Resources, other agencies and conservation groups to promote fish, game, recreation and all other conservation projects throughout the County and make its recommendations to the County Board.
- The Vilas County Forest Administrator will act as agent and coordinate all activities of the Vilas County Forestry Department or this Committee.
- It shall oversee Vilas Countys snowmobile trail system and it shall be responsible for obtaining and distributing State snowmobile funding.
- The Snowmobiling Coordinator shall report to this committee.
- Expenditures in excess of $15,000 must be authorized by a County Board Resolution.